I turned 22 this year, and most of the lessons I've been learning have come in the form of questions. Here are a few I've been asking:
- Who would I be if I didn't need to be important?
- What would my days look like if my time wasn't mine?
- How would I act if I saw people the way God sees people?
- What if I looked for reasons to stay instead of reasons to leave?
- What would my life look like if people were the most important thing in it?
- Not what should I do with my life, but what should I never do?
- Who will I become in 5 years if I continue on the path I've been on, and do I like her?
- How would I use my money if I wasn't worried about running out?
- What if I corrected myself more than I corrected others?
- What if I lived out my faith more than I talked about it?
- Does this thing I’m about to say need to be said?
- Does this thing I’m about to say bring forth life or death?
- What would I do if I were building a life instead of a resume?
- Where would I travel if the travel wasn't for my pleasure but for serving others?
- Is personal happiness a worthy goal to aim for?
- What would it look like if I loved the people I'd rather avoid?
- How can I delight in people the way Jesus did?
- Can I be happy if I never live anywhere else?
- What's possible if I let go of my plans?
- What if I let the work toughen me instead of overwhelm me?
- What commitments can I make that would set me free more than tie me down?
- Am I looking for greener grass or watering my lawn?
Some words that really grabbed me this year
Other years here.